Your roof is an integral part of your house. And like other parts of your home, it requires maintenance and repair to keep it in the best possible shape. However, addressing your roof repair and maintenance with a DIY approach can seem cost-effective, but knowing when it's suitable to DIY and when you should call a professional is important—and can be life-saving.
When You Should DIY Your Roof Repairs
DIY roofing repairs may sound easy, but you might face more expensive repairs if you don't do it right. Here are situations where you should DIY roof repair.
- Straighten curled shingles: Harsh weather conditions can make your roof shingles bend. You can straighten curled shingles by brushing them using an adhesive compound. Make sure that you straighten the edges and corners of the shingles when using the adhesive.
- Replace damaged roof shingles: Roof shingles may damage over time. You can easily remove damaged shingles by raising the edges of the nearby shingles. Remove the old or damaged shingle and slide in the new shingle.
- Step flashing: Step flashing allows water to leak into your house when rust. You need to change the step flashing when rust. Remember that you must install the step flashing properly; if not, it will channel water in the wrong direction.
- Repair small holes: Sometimes, small holes cause water leaks in your house. You can solve this problem by inspecting the roof and placing flashing on the holes.
Roof Repairs You Need To Call A Pro
While you may be able to replace damaged shingles and straight curled Shingles, your roof repair project should be entrusted to the professionals. Here are situations where you need to hire a pro.
- Aged roof: Roofs have a life cycle of 20 to 25 years. If your roof is over 25 years and you have never replaced the roof, it's time to hire a professional roofing contractor and start planning for a new roof.
- Damp spots on the ceiling: If you notice a damp spot on your home ceiling, don't wait until the water starts entering your house before you call a professional. A professional roofer can help you diagnose the problem and make a proper repair.
- Granules in the gutter: You have a severe roof problem that needs professional help if you see granules in your gutter. The granules protect the shingles, but it's subjected to damage from heavy rainfalls if the protective layer is deteriorating.
- Ice dams in the winter. Ice dams let the water leak under the shingles. It's formed when your attic is too warm for the snow. A professional roofer can help you fix the problem.
Contact Lake Erie Roofing For Roofing Repair Davie
While there are some roof repairs you can do yourself, it's best to leave most to a professional. At Lake Erie Roofing, we offer competitive prices and speedy, reliable, high-quality roofing services in Davie, FL, that won't break the bank. If you need a reliable & trusted local roofing contractor, contact us today at (305-799-8827) FL or (440-463-2419) OH for a free roof inspection or quotation.Roofing Repair Davie